Saturday October 22, 2016
Brandon Senior Center
1000 Municipal Drive
10:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Free Soap Carving for Kids ages 8 thru 12 Saturday Oct.22, 1:00 pm until 3:00 pm.
See work from some of the nation’s best woodcarvers
- Booths will have carvings for sale
- Bring family and friends with you to enjoy the show,the demonstrations and sale of carvings
- Come on Friday before the show and take a class
- Vote for the carving you think is best in the Choice Award
(ribbons awarded for each item listed)
Wood carving birds: song, prey, game, etc.
Wood carving waterfowl: ducks, etc.
Wood carving aquatic: fish, turtles, frogs, etc.
Wood carving miniature : anything must fit within 2” cube
Wood carving walking: Stick/cane
Wood carving stylized: any subject/size/finish—Painted/unpainted
Wood carving caricatures: animals, people
Wood carving realistic: people
Wood carving realistic: animals
Wood turnings: bowls, embellished turnings, etc.
Gourds: carving, burning
Spirit faces: dragons, etc.
Seasonal: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Santas
Show Classes and Awards
Novice — One who is new to the art and is considered to be at the entry level of competition and Best of Show Placement at the Novice Level would require one to move to the Intermediate Level.
Intermediate – One whose work has established oneself beyond the Novice Level.
Open – Highest level of competition, the standards for judging are the most demanding in this category (Competition is open to all levels of carvers)
- Cash prizes will be awarded for overall 1st ($75), 2nd ($50), 3rd ($25) place winners in each class above. Ribbons will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners of each category per class
- Best of Show: $100. People’s Choice: $100
- Mayors Choice Award: 1st place –Ribbon & plaque 2nd & 3rd place -Ribbon